Maternal and child mortality is unacceptably high. In 2015, over 300,000 women died during and following pregnancy and, childbirth and infant mortality amounted to 4.5 million.
- Every day, approximately 800 women die from preventable causes related to pregnancy and childbirth.
- 99% of all maternal deaths occur in developing countries.
- 16,000 children under five years die every day.
- 45% of under-five deaths occur in the first month of life.
- A child whose mother dies during childbirth is 3-10 times more likely to die before his or her second birthday.
Expanding access to safe and affordable maternal health medicines is a critical component in efforts to reduce some of the major causes of deaths associated with maternal and infant mortality.
It is estimated that 90% of maternal and newborn deaths could have been prevented with access to good quality care.
Maternal and Child Health – engagement through solutions
Trident Mediquip LLP ensures availability of a broad portfolio of pharmaceuticals, commodities and solutions specifically targeted to improve the life and survival of women and children.
We have a vast range of products and medical kits, which specifically serve Maternal and Child Health programmes and provide fast and highly effective impact for the global efforts to reach the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).